Fully Loaded NachosPosted by LETE ACTIVE on
Prep Time 15 minutes. Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 people. Calories 51 kcal
Author Buffy Ellen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion-chopped
- 4 garlic cloves-crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp chili seasoning (not chilli powder!)
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 red capsicum-diced
- 1 carrot-grated
- 2x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1x 400g tin kidney beans
- 1x 400g black beans
- 1x 400g corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
- chili flakes / powder (to taste)
- Guacamole, fresh salsa, brown rice, corn chips & vegan cheese
- Heat oil over a medium-low heat in a large fry-pan, sauté onions and garlic for 10 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add chilli seasoning, cumin and dried oregano- sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add capsicum and carrot- sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, drained tins of beans and corn, and salt.
- Now let the magic happen! Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, mixing occasionally throughout. Once finished, taste test and adjust seasoning - add salt until it has reached your desired preference, and chilli flakes if you'd like.
- Serve with fresh salsa, brown rice, corn chips, guacamole and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. Or try it in a taco, in a burrito, or topped on toast.
← Older Post Newer Post →