Prep Time 15 minutes. Cook Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 people. Calories 51 kcal
Author Buffy Ellen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion-chopped
- 4 garlic cloves-crushed
- 1 ½ tbsp chili seasoning (not chilli powder!)
- ½ tbsp ground cumin
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 1 red capsicum-diced
- 1 carrot-grated
- 2x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1x 400g tin kidney beans
- 1x 400g black beans
- 1x 400g corn kernels
- 1 tsp salt
- chili flakes / powder (to taste)
- Guacamole, fresh salsa, brown rice, corn chips & vegan cheese
- Heat oil over a medium-low heat in a large fry-pan, sauté onions and garlic for 10 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add chilli seasoning, cumin and dried oregano- sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add capsicum and carrot- sauté for a few more minutes.
- Add tomatoes, drained tins of beans and corn, and salt.
- Now let the magic happen! Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, mixing occasionally throughout. Once finished, taste test and adjust seasoning - add salt until it has reached your desired preference, and chilli flakes if you'd like.
- Serve with fresh salsa, brown rice, corn chips, guacamole and a sprinkle of vegan cheese. Or try it in a taco, in a burrito, or topped on toast.
- Chilli seasoning is a blend of several spices including paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and more. If you can’t find chilli seasoning, replace with the same quantity of paprika, and add then chilli powder to taste.