Prep Time 10 minutes. Cook Time 10 minutes
Servings 3 people (makes 10 fritters)
Calories 286 kcal
Author Buffy Ellen
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 c zucchini grated and packed, ~3 zucchini
- 1 c chickpea/besan flour
- 1 c water
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh herbs thyme, oregano, parsley, chives, rosemary
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes in 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Mix in a bowl with the zucchini, chickpea flour, herbs, salt and water.
- Pan fry 1/4 c scoops in the remaining coconut oil over a medium heat until the edges start to dry out (around 3 minutes), then flip and cook on the other side. Make sure the heat isn't too high or your fritters will burn.
- Place on a plate in a 50°C oven to keep them warm while you cook the remainder.
- Serve with vegan aioli, relish, avocado and tomatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Here are some of my other favourite toppings for these fritters: Guacamole, Creamy Cashew Aioli, tahini (white or black), relish/chutney, nutritional yeast, Cashew Parmesan, sunflower/sesame/pumpkin seeds.
- You can make your own chickpea flour by simply blending up dried chickpeas in a high powered food processor until they're the consistency of flour.
- If you have a food processor with a grating blade, or a Thermomix, use that to speed up the grating process.
- Tags: Main Course