Prep Time: 15 minutes. Servings: 4. Makes 1L.
Calories: 250 KCAL
Author: Buffy Ellen
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds soaked overnight
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 4 cups of water 3 cup + 1 cup to clean
- 2 dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp lecithin optional
- Soak the sunflower seeds in filtered water overnight in the fridge. You can soak your coconut also if you like (in a separate bowl), but it's not necessary if you have a good blender.
- In the morning, rinse and drain the seeds, and add to your blender along with all remaining ingredients except for one of the cups of water (if you've soaked your coconut, you can use the coconut soaking water, just measure it before soaking so you can take it off your 3 cup measure).
- Blend for 1 minute on high until the mixture is completely smooth and creamy, then pour into a nut milk bag over a large bowl.
- Add the fourth cup of water to the blender and blend for ten seconds to clean the blender, then add this water to the nut milk bag too (no waste!).
- Squeeze your nut milk bag gently for a minute until all the liquid is extracted and you're left with a dry pulp.
- Pour the milk into a clean glass bottle, seal tightly, and store in the fridge for 2-3 days. Place the pulp into a sealed container in the freezer, ready to use for another recipe. Drink & Enjoy!
- Tags: Drink