Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 4 people
Calories: 679 kcal
Author: Buffy Ellen
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion- diced
- 2 cloves garlic- crushed
- 3 cups brown mushrooms-chopped
- 250g tempeh-grated
- 2 cups brown rice-cooked
- 1/2 cups walnuts-chopped
- 1/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3 tbsp miso
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 drops rosemary oil (OR 4 tbsp fresh rosemary / 4 tsp dried rosemary)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- sliced mushrooms, fresh thyme, gravy
- Preheat oven to 180°C (356 °F) fan bake, and grease the sides and base of a small rectangle tin with coconut oil.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the olive oil. Add the onions and sauté until translucent, then add the garlic and mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms have just softened.
- Meanwhile, put the walnuts in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Then add the remaining ingredients including the cooked mushroom onion mix, and pulse again until combined. Don't puree, you still want some texture in there.
- Transfer the mix to your baking tray and place a line of sliced mushrooms on top. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and the top is brown and crispy.
- Cool and remove from the tray. Cut into 8 slices and serve drizzled with this mushroom gravy, topped with fresh thyme. Bon Appetit!
- Tags: Main Course